The Louisville Nature Center
A truly unique community resource, the Louisville Nature Center offers wonderful opportunities for nature study and recreation--right in the heart of the city! The Louisville Nature Center strives to provide nature education and encourage stewardship in an urban forest. Among our unique features are:
- A native wildflower garden and pond
- Gardens that attract seasonal butterflies
- Hiking trails through the Beargrass Creek State Nature Preserve
- A one-of-a-kind bird blind
- Wildlife exhibits & Beargrass Creek watershed exhibit
- Rental space and our quiet library
Come on out and experience all nature has to offer!
Admission is FREE, but donations to support our educational programs are always greatly appreciated!
for a map and directions to the Louisville Nature Center
3745 ILLINOIS AVENUE, Louisville, Kentucky 40213
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Trails: OPEN sunrise to sunset every day!
Education Center: Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bird Blind: Monday-Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed: Sundays and Holidays (Martin Luther King Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Presidents Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day)
**To preserve the ecological balance of the Forest, no dogs are allowed in the Preserve